CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

When is enough...enough?


Well, as I stated in my last post...I AM a sugar addict. There is absolutely no way around it..I crave sugar as an alcoholic craves alcohol or a heroin addict craves heroin. It's scary to think that I've let sugar have such a big part in my life. What do I go to when I'm in a hurry and need something to give me a little 'boost'? I feel as though I NEVER get enough sugar...no amount has every truly satisfied me... I think a part of me feels like maybe I'll find the perfect 'sweet' but I know that is not possible, because there is no such thing. Instead of running to food for comfort, energy, strength and peace...I need to run to God! Only God can truly satisify my needs. Only God can give me TRUE comfort, ABUNDANT energy, EVERLASTING strength and THE PEACE WHICH PASSES ALL UNDESTANDING.
But...when is enough...enough? I hate being overweight, I hate having a roll of fat around my waist and under my chin. I look in the mirror and know that the reflection I see is not what is truly inside me. Most of all, I want to lose weight for God. I want to be the BEST for my Lord so that He can work through me to help further His kingdom in Heaven. I want people to look at me and want what I have *Salvation through Jesus Christ*

Lord, God, help me... Help me to turn everything over to you. No amount of exercising, nor fad diet can help me shed these unwanted pounds of fat...ONLY YOU CAN LORD.
Lord, You have gotten me through MANY tough times. You have allowed me to have EVERYTHING I could possibly need in the flesh *that I did not posses on my own*
Lord, I am depending on you for strength *to refuse bad foods*, craving *for the healthy foods and want to workout everyday*, peace *to know that no matter what happens during the day that everything will be okay*, patience *especially during the times I feel like giving up*, joy *because I have You*, Love *to love my body as Christ wants me to*.
I praise You and thank You Lord ahead of time for many abundant victories in this area of weight loss for myself. I look forward to Your deliverance from this empty land of sugar and gluttony.
It is in Christ's name I praise You and thank You Lord,
Amen

CLICK HERE to see 147 reasons sugar harms your body

0 comments: