CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Low to No sugar for 2 weeks Experiment


Alrighty, I'm trying an experiment to see how sugar affects my body. Naturally, we know sugar isn't healthy for us. Sugar causes caveties, glycemic problems, fatigue and most likely weight gain. I'm conducting a 2-week experiment *starting today* to see how low to no amounts of sugar will effect my body (ie: pulse/blood pressure/energy etc).

In an excerpt from a book called, Licking the Sugar Addiction, I took a quiz concerning sugar. Naturally the results came back that I am addicted to sugar. The author of the book suggests to try to find out as much as you can about how different foods affect your body.

First, you are to take your resting pulse and record it. Next, you are to eat a certain type of food *ie something high in sbugar/low in sugar etc* then take your pulse 20-30 minutes after eating.

If your pulse has increased 15 and higher then you have an allergy to that certain food. Basically the science behind it is that it takes your body a LOT more energy, nutrients and minerals to digest that particular food. Let's say you ate something and your pulse barely changed...this is indicative that your body has natural/normal abilities to digest and take vital nutrients from this food. *good*

So in essence, I'm trying this out to see how many foods I have a potential 'allergy' to.

I shall update any interesting findings along the way.

0 comments: