CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 4, 2008

New Fitness Blog!!

For my old faithful xanga readers, as well as my faithful readers from my http://nursezamy.blogspot.com/ here is my new fitness blog!!

I like the idea of keeping my blogs where everyone can view them without having to hop back and forth. *from xanga to blogspot* Anyways, I almost prefer blogspot anymore.

Anyways, as my old xanga readers may know, I've had a hard time getting back on the healthy bandwagon again. Instead of making ginormous changes right off the bat, I've decided to make little ones and build my momentum back up.

(HISTORY FOR THE NEW READERS)
Since April of last year, God has allowed me to lose a grand total of 21 lbs. I remember like it was yesterday that I got on the scale last year and it read 256 lbs *the BIGGEST I've EVER been* Now, I'm down to 235 lbs...not where I need to be but THANK GOD IT'S NOT WHERE I USE TO BE!!

Anywho, as I stated above I'm starting out with little goals and working my way up. *since little goals are what helped me get the weight off in the first place*

My favorite website http://www.sparkpeople.com/ has blessed me with the tools I've needed to keep track of both my eating as as well as my fitness. Not only does this website offer online support 24/7 as well as many articles/diets/recipes BUT it is FREE!! Yes...free! I thank God for the creator and contributors of this website.

WEEK 1 GOALS
-Get my 64 oz of water each day
-Read devotional each day
-15-30 min of exercise each day (IE: walking /workout DVD / cleaning house)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXCERPT FROM "DAILY DEVOTIONALS FOR DIETERS":
JANUARY
'Holiness'

We are created in God's image. He has given us a precious gift: the gift of life. When we truly appreciate that gift, we are compelled to do everything in our power to protect and preserve it. When we allow our bodies to get soft and unfit, then we are saying to God that His gift really doesn't mean anything to us. Poor physical condition that is due to our own negligence or laziness is an insult to our Creator. John the disciple claims that each of us is to strive to be perfect, as our Father in heaven is perfect. That perfection includes body and mind, not just spirit. To care for ourselves physically is to honor God and acknowledge our gratitude to God for the gift of life. Holiness can only come through discipline and obedience. Dieting requires both. We can learn to train ourselves as disciples through our bodily sacrifices. To care for our appearance and health is pleasing to God, and He will bless us richly in our endeavors.

0 comments: