CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Mid-Week Progress

Well, so far so good this week! I've had between 1300-1600 calories the past few days.
Yesterday I did 35 minutes of aerobics & yoga again. I also worked on my upper body, since I will be in my brother's wedding in June and the dresses are strapless, I don't want flab on my arms!
Also, when I went to work lastnight I went to the gym with the patient's for physical therapy. I played basketball and walked on the treadmill for 25 minutes.
The water intake has been fabulous! I just need to up my fruit and veggie intake.

The following is from today's devotional for dieters, and it's exactly what I needed to read today:

"For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come." 1 Timothy 4:8

There is an old adage that says, "Don't put the cart before the horse." Many people try to lose weight without a specific goal in mind. Often people set a goal that is unrealistic. In our attempts to become more mature as Christians, we grow a little at a time. God doesn't expect us to be perfect right away. He knows that our growth takes time. The same is true of our attempts to lose weight. We need to take it a little at a time. Crash diets and heavy exercise programs are not the way to go. Our Christian growth should provide us with an example. Let us approach our diets with patience and take it a small step at a time. Dieting is easier when we try to lose weight little by little

------------------------------------------------------------------------
UGH....I gave in to Ben & Jerry...coffee icecream....bleh......

Note: It always looks good on the outside, but when it's inside...your body hates it!! *Amy quote*

0 comments: